Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Catching the sun

 Catching the Sun retold by Calla

Thump, thump, thump!! (foot steps) Shiver shiver, it is cold like solid ice. My feet are so cold that I think I am ice skating. Saynday the Indian warrior slowly walked further and further into the pitch black, cold forest and in that forest Saynday found a 6 eyed monster so Saynday said “I am Saynday” the Indian warrior and you don’t scare me. Saynday walked closer and closer then he realized that it wasn't a monster it was Magpie, Fox and Deer.

“What do you mean of course you're not scared of us and did you say that you were the Indian warrior Saynday?” said Deer curiously. “Yes I am Saynday” “well then can you help us?” pleaded Fox desperately. “What is it?''


“It is too dark and cold. I don't think that we can live like this anymore” said Magpie sadly. “ Ok then of course I will help”, said Saynday.

“I’ve got a plan: who can run fast and far?'' asked Saynday, not me. I can run fast but not far, said Deer and Magpie. “What about you Fox?” said Saynday.  “Yes I can but what do you want me to do?” said fox curiously.  Saynday told Fox that he would need to run to the hot side of the world and that he would need to earn the trust of the Sun people and finally he would need to steal the sun and pass it to him.

So Fox set off to the sun people. It took three days but he made it.  It took months but Fox earned their trust so the Sun people invited Fox to one of their games. Fox thought, this is my chance and he took that chance and stole the sun.  Quickly, Fox bolted panting until he saw Deer. Fox passed the sun to Deer who went as fast as he could passing the sun to Magpie. Magpie soared through the sky and threw it to Saynday and Saynday then bolted and darted the sun in the sky and the hot, bright sun into the sky. Now all of the world can be light and dark  and peace and balance could come to all sides of the world


The End 


No comments:

Post a Comment